Thursday, October 22, 2009

Farm in Pompey Center, on location, 11" x 19"

This early evening scene was painted at the beginning of the fall season. I was able to work on location for an hour and a half before the light was gone, but by then I had almost finished it. Back at the studio I corrected the colors of the trees on the left, and added more detail to the stubble of cut corn.

I was hoping to have more fall scenes painted on location, but the weather is to be blamed for that, as most days had been rainy or cloudy ones. The few paintings I had attempted have not yielded good results, either because I'm not familiar to using reds or because I have not taken into account that light changes so fast at this time of year.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Your plein air paintings are just getting better and better. I really like this one. I look forward to seeing more.

Donna T said...

I love the patterns that we see once the corn has been cut! Really nice plein air, Adriana.

Adriana Meiss said...

Elaine and Donna, thank you! I had the chance to paint today so I'll post a new one soon.

Unknown said...

what a beautifull plein air!and a large theater too..very hard to do!great job!!!