Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Chance of Rain, 12x9" en plein air

A Chance Of Rain,  paste on board by Adriana Meiss

  An oldie from last year, when our plein air group went to Stone Quarry Hill Art Park, Cazenovia, NY. This was actually the second piece I painted that day.  The first piece (here) was done under sunny skies, but by the time I was half way done with this one, threatening clouds were moving in. Fortunately, I had captured enough of the mood to recently finish it at home.

  I used one of my own prepared masonite boards, and the rough surface seems to work well for cloud reflections or even to indicate rain drops on water --hum, that's giving me an idea...

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is fantastic, Adriana! A beautiful scene and the reflections in the water from the clouds is wonderful! Glad you finished this one!!

Adriana Meiss said...

Hi Hilda, and thank you so much! I learned today that this painting was accepted in a show!